Senior Business Development Executive- Italian Speaking
The role is responsible for managing existing commercial relationships with our Italian Boutique Partners as well as growing the network by signing new Boutiques to the platform.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
Commercial & Sustainability
We're partnering with global brands and the most influential and renowned boutique curators to bring our customers an unrivalled range of fashion to empower their individuality. We’re relationship builders, we’re solution finders and we’re analysts. We work with all areas of the Farfetch business to improve our social and environmental impact while delivering business success. We want to empower our consumers to buy better, improve our operational footprint, and explore new business models that improve our impact.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
Introduce them to the Farfetch concept and services, convince them to join the global network and keep them engaged to the Farfetch strategy and vision. The success of Farfetch is driven by the relationships we have with our boutiques and it starts with Business Development.
What you’ll do:
- Follow-up and engagement of existing Boutiques
- You will ensure and maintain on-going relationship with boutiques in Italy by partnering with all internal Commercial teams (Account Management, Partner Services, CP&A, Commercial Strategy, Categories) to address any needs on either side (visits, conference calls, meetings etc.) and other departments if necessary (Marketing, Editorial, Finance, Legal…)
- You will partner with the Senior BD manager on specific commercial projects
- You will constantly review and revise “selling points” and relevant collateral based on the company direction
- You will initiate seasonal check-ins with boutiques in alignment with Account Management to ensure that expectations are being met (Commercial initiatives, Sales performance, Brands mix and Services level)
- You will promote wider company initiatives and projects as needed
- You will travel when needed to Italy, Fashion Weeks (Italy & France) and to our offices in Portugal
- You will have an understanding of the industry changes and evolution as well as the territory specificities, monitor boutiques other sales channels outside Farfetch if any
- Contract renewals
- Grow the Italian boutique network by signing new boutiques in line with Farfetch positioning
- You will work closely with the Senior BD manager to establish targeted pipeline
- You will research or utilize established relationship to initiate contact with prospective new stores
- You will introduce them to the Farfetch concept and our ecommerce service offering, constraints, costs, trade activity
- You will lead the contract negotiations process to ensure a successful long-term partnership and profitable relationship for both parties
- You will maintain progress reports on prospective boutiques (last contact date/conversations) and map out who is left to sign
- BD team coordination
- Monitor the contracts status (new and existing) for the EMEAR BD team
- Keep accurate records of the worldwide database contracts liaising with the wider BD team (EMEAR, USA, Australia, APAC, Japan) and improve it when necessary
- Act as the main point of contact on projects between the BD team and in office teams (marketing, design, content, legal…)
- Work with BDs to understand their requirement, identify and highlight opportunities for improvements of processes
- Management of the weekly BD call guess speakers
Who you are:
- You are experienced in sales related positions in high-end fashion apparel or accessories, designer wholesale or showroom experience preferred
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with clients/customers and knowledge of specialty stores/fashion boutiques in Italy
- Excellent organisation , communication and negotiation skills with attention to details, analytical minded, project management
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint with strong presentation skills
- Solid understanding of the luxury fashion market
- Professional, articulate, self-motivated, ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage a deal lifecycle which may take up to several years (patience is a key attribute which will be required in managing this process)
- Native or Bilingual Italian speaker
- Full clean driving licence required
Are you interested?
Want to get in touch? Contact us
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street