Interim Direct Marketing Manager - DE & FR
At Tails, we're now delivering over 4 million custom-designed meals every month across the UK; we are looking for an Interim Direct Marketing Manager for Germany and France. Join, and you will be right at the heart of a business that is changing the world of pet food.
Changing the world of pet food for good
We’re tails.com, a dog food subscription company with a big difference. We create truly tailored food for each and every dog we serve. We start by asking people a few simple questions about their dog. Then we use that information to create their dog’s unique tails.com recipe – so their dog gets exactly the nutrition they need, in the taste they love, delivered to their door every month. It’s clever stuff.
We’ve got ambitious plans. Having created an entirely new category in pet food, we’re now scaling fast in the UK and Europe – backed by Purina, one of the world’s largest pet food companies. You’ll join a bunch of smart people working towards the same goals – and a bunch of smart-ish dogs, all working on their own thing.
Together, we’ll change the world of pet food for good.
Build our brand
We’re building an international brand, fast. We set ambitious goals. We challenge and support each other in equal measure. At the pace we’re moving, we prefer to test ideas and learn quickly rather than spend months building a business case. That means we celebrate when things go right, and we learn when things go wrong. And then we go for lunch.
Sound like a team you want to join? Here’s how you’ll make a difference:
In this role you will be responsible for planning and executing all offline marketing campaigns for our French and German markets. These include inserts (paid and swaps), direct mail, door drops, and others.
The things you’ll do
- Creating and executing a test plan for customer acquisition, measuring and evaluating campaign results, and developing a plan to roll-out activity that has worked
- Creating the business case for proposed spend to ensure KPIs are achievable
- Working closely with the EU General Manager and France/German marketing team to align the offline marketing plan to overall marketing strategy
- Identifying and approaching suitable marketing partners for swaps
- Briefing creative teams to produce and optimise assets and collateral that are effective in generating a response
- Managing relationships with third party suppliers and agencies
- Forecasting and performance reporting at weekly and monthly team meetings
- Collaborating with other marketing team members on wider marketing campaigns
- Adhering to brand guidelines and protecting the integrity of the Tails brand
The skills you’ll bring
- Proven experience in a similar role working in German or French markets
- Strong direct response background
- French or German speaker
- Numerate and analytical, likes working with data
- Has worked in fast-growth subscription and/or DTC e-commerce business
- Organised, strong attention to detail, effective communication skills
On top of all this, you’ll share the same ambition and entrepreneurial spark that makes tails.com a brilliant place to work
About the company
Your dog’s a one-off. Now their food is too.
The Park, 23 Sheen Road, Richmond