Country Manager - Germany
Tails are hiring for a newly-created fluent German speaker, Country Manager role. This role will report to the EU General Manager and is based in our HQ in London.
We’re tails.com, a dog food subscription company with a big difference. We create truly tailored food for each and every dog we serve. We start by asking people a few simple questions about their dog. Then we use that information to create their dog’s unique tails.com recipe – so their dog gets exactly the nutrition they need, in the taste they love, delivered to their door every month. It’s clever stuff.
We’ve got ambitious plans. Having created an entirely new category in pet food, we’re now scaling fast in the UK and Europe – backed by Purina, one of the worlds largest pet food companies. You’ll join a bunch of smart people working towards the same goals – and a bunch of smart-ish dogs, all working on their own thing.
Together, we’ll change the world of pet food for good.
Tails.com launched in Germany in 2020 and is gaining great traction. With a unique tailor made dog food subscription service that has started to garner 5 star customer reviews, Tails is on an exciting growth trajectory. There are plans to expand the proposition to attract an even larger share of stomach, and to diversify the marketing mix that will see us continue to establish ourselves as the premium dog food brand of choice in the market.
To lead our growth ambitions in this market, Tails are hiring for a newly created fluent German speaker, Country Manager role. Reporting to the EU General Manager and based in our HQ in London you will:
- Have responsibility for the P&L, forecasts & results, and growth strategy for Germany, working closely with the EU General Manager to align to overall international strategy
- Identify objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short and longer term revenue and margins; review these periodically to remain on-track
- Be the go-to person for all things Germany at a strategic level
- Manage the local marketing team to ensure development of the Tails brand in Germany
- Work closely with central teams for the localisation of group strategies including marketing, commercial finance, and operations.
- Collaborate with the International Performance Marketing team to drive traffic and sign ups at the right price on the German website
- Work in synergy with the rest of the Tails international team to identify new growth opportunities for Germany
- Ensure best in class customer experience partnering closely with central teams
- Staying abreast of competitor activity and market trends and reporting opportunities back to leadership teams
- Fluent German - either native or has spent long periods living there in the past 5 years
- Thinks strategically
- Commercially minded and financially literate; experience of P&L management
- Marketing experience preferred – brand awareness and performance marketing
- Gravitas with senior people and skilled in commercial negotiations
- Excellent execution, either personally or managing a team to do it
- Ability to solve ambiguous and complex problems
- Flexibility and adaptability; comfortable in a fast paced and changing environment
- Experience in a similar role with a fast-growth subscription and/or direct-to-consumer e-commerce business (someone with only B2B experience unlikely to be interviewed)
- A brand ambassador for Tails
- Able to travel regularly throughout Germany
What's in it for you?
- Reward – we offer a competitive salary and generous share award package
- Learn – You’ll be challenged and given the development opportunities that you’ll only find in a high-growth business. We’ll also support you with more structured training.
- Work – flexible core hours means that you can start anytime between 7-10am and finish 4-7pm (9 hours in total)
- Time out – 25 days’ paid holiday, one volunteer day, and an optional 5 days unpaid leave each year. Paid holidays increase to 26 days on your 2 year anniversary and 27 on your 3 year anniversary.
- Family – extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Eat – free breakfast and loads of healthy snacks every day, and we have a special breakfast on Fridays.
- Social – regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
- Health – discounted gym membership and health, dental & optical insurance
- Pension – pension scheme and the option to salary sacrifice additional contributions
Are you interested?
Want to get in touch? Contact us
About the company
Your dog’s a one-off. Now their food is too.
The Park, 23 Sheen Road, Richmond