Tails.com is looking for an experienced Factory Manager to oversee our UK operations. Working with our high performing operational teams, you will be instrumental in ensuring we serve our customers on time, all the time.
Changing the world of pet food for good
We’re tails.com, a dog food subscription company with a big difference. We create truly tailored food for each and every dog we serve. We start by asking people a few simple questions about their dog. Then we use that information to create their dog’s unique tails.com recipe – so their dog gets exactly the nutrition they need, in the taste they love, delivered to their door every month. It’s clever stuff.
We’ve got ambitious plans. Having created an entirely new category in pet food, we’re now scaling fast in the UK and Europe – backed by Purina, one of the world’s largest pet food companies. You’ll join a bunch of smart people working towards the same goals – and a bunch of smart-ish dogs, all working on their own thing.
Together, we’ll change the world of pet food for good.
Smart factory. Smarter people.
In Factory Operations, we’re responsible for creating a different product for each and every dog, and delivering it to our customers - on time and in beautiful condition. It means we design the processes that make it possible to do what tails.com does – meeting challenges and finding new ways to do incredible things.
The team is engaged, empowered, and high-performing. We’re driven by results and delivery – which means you get the space and trust to take a problem solve it. We believe most hard skills are learnable – so we’re looking for attitude and approach above all else. Eager to learn, adapt, and work hard? You could be just the person we need to deliver a truly game-changing product to thousands of people, every day.
Sound like a team you want to join? Here’s how you’ll make a difference:
Based in our Hounslow Factory, you will provide leadership to our Factory Operation teams to ensure that all tails customers receive their orders right the first time. Production scheduling, facilities management and the effective distribution of finished goods to the customer through our courier partners are at the heart of this role.
With a strong focus on people, you will execute Factory Operations long term production and distribution plans in the UK as well as supporting strategic engineering and change projects, including supporting the development and production of new products.
You will also share in the objectives of other operational teams such as Supply Chain and Quality teams, working collaboratively to meet tails growth objectives and maintain a smoothly running operation.
The things you’ll do
- Manage and provide leadership to a high performing team of 3 direct reports and ~90 indirect production staff
- Ensure our sites standards are upheld, including Health and Safety
- Represent and champion Factory activities within tails
- Use your experience to manage and improve Factory COGS
The skills you’ll bring
- Deep manufacturing, production or logistics experience
- Track record of building and growing teams
- A numerically sound and data driven approach
- Have the ability to effectively communicate and give direction across large numbers of direct and indirect reports
- Strong sense of ownership
- Demonstrably proactive method in your previous roles
And it's a bonus if you have an Engineering, Manufacturing or Management Degree.
What’s in it for you?
Work in an office full of dogs, with a team full of ideas. Plus these awesome benefits:
- Reward - We offer a competitive salary and generous share award package
- Learn – You’ll be challenged and given the development opportunities that you’ll only find in a high-growth business. We’ll also support you with more structured training.
- Work – flexible core hours means that you can start anytime between 7-10am and finish 4-7pm (9 hours in total)
- Time-out – 25 days’ paid holiday which will increase to 26 on your 2nd year anniversary and 27 on your 3rd year anniversary, plus an optional 5 days unpaid leave each year
- Family - Extended paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave. Interest-free loan to help you with your rental flat deposit
- Eat – Free breakfast and loads of healthy snacks every day, we have a special breakfast on Fridays!
- Social – Regular team and social events, paid by tails.com
- Health– Discounted gym membership and health, dental & optical insurance
- Pension - Pension scheme and the option to salary sacrifice additional contributions
- Travel – Interest-free season ticket loan and bike to work scheme
Have a dog? They’ll get some benefits too:
- Free products – all of our tails.com products for free (for your dog). Or 50% off for one family member or friend
- Dog-friendly office - there are plenty of pups to pat and daily lunchtime walks
- Training – with a dog behaviourist, to help you and your dog thrive in the office
About the company
Your dog’s a one-off. Now their food is too.
The Park, 23 Sheen Road, Richmond