Full Stack Engineer
As a Full Stack Engineer at Unmind, you will be working closely with engineers, product managers and designers in a cross-functional team building key features of our platform and products.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower organisations and employees to measurably improve their mental health. We do this by providing clinically-backed assessments, tools, training, and signposting that anyone within an organisation can use to proactively improve their mental wellbeing. Our digital platform is beautifully designed, non-stigmatising and globally scalable – helping to create healthier, happier, more human organisations around the world.
We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
The Role – Full Stack Engineer
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will be working closely with engineers, product managers and designers in a cross-functional team building key features of our platform and products.
You will actively participate in product development from ideation to deployment and beyond including technology, product and architecture discussions. You'll participate in regular stand-ups; design and develop efficient and reusable code in both front end and server-side technologies, and combine these into a delightful experience.
You will participate in code reviews and help to guide software architecture decisions, maintaining quality to ensure the responsiveness of applications. You will mentor and learn from other engineers, and be a strong advocate for engineering best practices.
You will be a self-starter, continually identifying valuable initiatives and driving them to completion. You will make meaningful contributions towards Unmind’s purpose of empowering individuals to improve their mental health - anywhere, anytime.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no-one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. So some of the role will be learning as you go, and we hope that’s exactly what you are looking for. However, some experience in the following is important for the role:
- Strong experience with front-end frameworks such as React
- Proficient with GraphQL, Node.js, and relational databases
- Experience working in cross-disciplinary teams, collaborating across departments such as product, design and other stakeholders
- Solid understanding of Agile best practices and lean principles
- Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude
- A self-starter with a history of identifying valuable initiatives and driving them to completion
- The ability to thrive in a startup environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Experience building and maintaining serverless architectures in the cloud using infrastructure-as-code
- Interest in functional programming
- Understanding of TDD and DDD
You will be joining an exceptionally talented core team who – in the last three years – have secured incredible investors, partners, clients, and advocates. Our future success(es) will rely on the continuation of that momentum – of which our ability to enhance (and leverage) Unmind’s market presence will be paramount. If done right, then the opportunity for this individual (and Unmind generally) is vast, compounded and – perhaps most importantly – will genuinely improve people’s lives.
You will receive a competitive salary, bi-annual reviews with a focus on future development, personal development and wellness budgets, access to the Unmind platform, working from home days and lots of other office and social perks to make working with Unmind fun and fulfilling.
- Pick your own tech
- Regular social company gatherings
- Optional team walks, runs, yoga and mindfulness sessions
- Wellbeing and training budgets to use at your discretion
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop bar, wellbeing events)
- Pension and generous holiday policy
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Entitlement to WFH one day per week
Are you interested?
Want to get in touch? Contact us
About the company
Mental wellbeing. Done well.
180 Borough St