11:FS is on a mission to change the fabric of financial services. Our Ventures practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Pulse team creates a benchmarking tool used by the likes of Monzo, Starling, Natwest and Tesco Bank. Our Foundry team are delivering a Financial Services Operating System to help businesses quickly add financial services to their offering. On top of all of that, we’re a media company, our Growth team generate a stream of content that supports our brand and changes the conversation - not necessarily in that order.
To do this we need an amazing team so we have pulled together the best in financial services and beyond.
We truly live our values at 11:FS, and they are critical to your entire journey here. ‘Cultural Add’ is as, if not more, important as pure technical fit, and as part of your interview process we’ll deep dive in our values and your beliefs. Everyone at 11:FS fits our 4 core values: Team, Attitude, Communication and Impact, and this remains at the core of our growth.
The Service Design Lead will play a key role in defining, developing and launching services which fundamentally change the way that finance works. This means rethinking what it takes for a business to operate within financial services top to bottom, with the customers needs at the core of their offering.
- Taking new fintech propositions from ideation through to launch, or helping existing players scale
- Leading small teams of designers, engineers, researchers and technical architects in mapping front-to-back views of services required to provide new propositions
- Collaborating closely with product owners to shape and drive product strategy and the development roadmap needed to deliver
- Building strong stakeholder relationships and alignment by communicating complex and technical information in a simple and accessible manner, suitable for non-technical audiences
- Working alongside researchers, designs, product owners and developers to ensure high collaboration on client projects.
- Defining methodologies that are iterative and flexible to enable rapid delivery, suitable for a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Solving, visualising and articulating complex problems and concepts, make disciplined decisions based on available information and research evidence
- Developing new products and resources to take to market that serve the Fintech community.
- Build own personal brand as an authority on service design with opportunities to contribute articles and appear on youtube shows or podcasts with the aim to be market expert in the industry and promoting service design at 11:FS
- Proven experience at a senior level designing complex service design systems for multiple touchpoint projects
- Experience of leading the service design process end-to-end, being a vocal advocate for design within the company
- Expert understanding and fascination with all aspects required to provide a service; navigating complexity across organisation, technology, policy, regulations and channels.
- Reached a high proficiency in creating artefacts such as customer journeys and service blueprints to visualise the front-to-back and end-to-end relationships between people, processes, and physical and digital touchpoints tied to a specific customer journey
- Experience working within a startup environment, agency, studio or in-house
- Good coaching and mentoring skills that enable you to lead and support more junior members of a team.
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. 11:FS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options 11:FS provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure 11:FS is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at 11:FS
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"11:FS will frequently gather feedback from employees to thoroughly understand which flexible practices work best for employees. This is coupled with a great level of trust from senior leadership that employees will will deliver the right results for the business regardless of where/when we are working."
Anonymous 11:FS Employee